Language was deleted and new added to Section ll Infrastructure. (Deleted as negative in spirit) Addition is to recognize need for stormwater regulation "The LWVN supports the creation of a Stormwater Utility and encourages compliance.... " Changes approved at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
The LWVN supports the creation of a Norman Stormwater Utility and encourages compliance with a master plan that would assure citizens that all problems will be addressed in an orderly and timely manner. The plan would:
- Include repair, maintenance, and expansion of the sanitary sewer system and the water supply system.
- Resolve current and prevent future drainage problem.
- Address street moderization.
- Enforce City codes.
- Be enviornmentally sound and fiscally responsible with bond issues presented at regular intervals for major projects, and continued allocation each year within the operating budget for smaller capital projects of highest priority.
- Reduce maintenance costs by replacing inoperable systems.
- Set priorities in the order in which repairs and improvemets are made.